Monday, January 5, 2015

you can't meet my parents

So there's this boy.
He's older than me.
He has tattoos.
He's in bands.
He's probably not a virgin.
He probably drinks.
He probably smokes.
He's my friend's older brother.

   & I have a huge fan girl crush on him.

So one day God decides to humor me.
This boy asks me to hang out/go on a date- whatever.
This boy takes me to dinner.
This boy takes me to a movie.
This boy holds open the door.
This boy stands closest to the curb.
This boy puts his arm around me.
This boy asks permission to place his hand on my knee.
This boy walks me to the door.

   But I thought that was it, & I was okay with that being it. Because it was incredible.
Only a one hit wonder.

But now God's sense of humor is coming back.
Someone's telling me I might have another chance.
Someone's talking to their mom about me.
Someone's listening to things I've said.
Someone's making an effort.
Someone's thinking about me.
Someone's leaving the continental U.S. of A. soon.

   If this has anything to do with my previous post of wanting someone...
No, it can't.. Seriously? I'm sitting here now listening to The Smiths and The Beatles on repeat. I'm trying to "educate" myself because I want to impress.
That's cheating, I know.
Now it's The Strokes.
This boy has a girlfriend.
I'm not a home wrecker.
I was fine without him for 4+ months.
I'll be fine for longer if that's the case.
I'm just curious now.
I didn't start this.
I'm not ending it though.

How strange, how funny, how little the world is.
Yeah, I want this kid. If only for a little bit.
I still want him. I'll wait my turn though.
I'll refrain from screaming as much.
But I'm still a fan girl.
First & fore most.

No comments:

Post a Comment