Wednesday, November 28, 2012

our leaders of tomorrow

Some boys in my class today went off on a rant about how much they hate books, and teachers who made them read them. I did my best to disregard their naive comments, but pretty soon I was sucked into their conversation.

ME: "I don't see why you should deserve extra credit for rushing through the assignment the last two days of break."
THEM:"Well we were one of the few who even did it, everyone else got an extension date to turn it in, what the hell?!"
ME: "You're pathetic."
THEM: (mumbling) "it's my life.. I'll do what I want."
ME: "I can hear you."
THEM: "GOD GARRET, YOU'RE SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN!!!"
ME: "You're ridiculous."
THEM: "YOU'RE ridiculous" (*smirk* trying to be all cute and flirty)
ME: "You confirm there's no future for our generation."
THEM: *silence*

There were more words shared, and more conformations of ignorance in our rising generation, and no it didn't exactly go down word for word like this, but it was pretty damn close.
Near the end of our class when it got a little awkward, I felt the need to apologize for being so agressive and mean about the conversation, but it was pretty much in vain.

ME: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude about it, it's just that.. well.. you're.."
THEM: *silent glazed over stares*
ME: ".. I mean.. it's just.. you don't.."
MY FRIEND: "WHAT SHE'S SAYING IS THAT SHE'S SORRY YOU'RE SUCH DUMB ASSES."
ME: *uncontrollable laughter* *mumbles* "yeah that's exactly what I mean."

No comments:

Post a Comment