Friday, July 24, 2015

Crimson Bitch

Wednesday I got my period. I don't think any one especially likes that time of the the month. I feel like I used to be super good and chill about it but lately it's just been a total mess- I've been a total mess. I feel like it's gotten progressively worse and I'm seriously (not seriously) thinking about birth control. Anyways, Wednesday I got my period.

My boyfriend has always been incredible to me. He's always taken care of me from the start when I let him, and Wednesday wasn't any different. He had lots of other things on his plate that day and he still got to the store to call me and ask if I meant super or regular tampons and which chocolate candy he should bring me home. Literally I struck gold with this kid. I'm not allowed to ever forget it.

Anyways long story short he came into my room Wednesday night with pills, chocolate, starbursts, tampons, pads, water, the works while I was literally shoving my face into the mattress watching Gossip Girl (which for the record is crap but I can't seem to stop).
He gives me pills, put everything away, hands me a water bottle and literally force feeds me chocolate and the whole time I'm struggling to breathe normally because of how much pain I'm in. To be honest I just wanted to cry and watch Gossip Girl by myself but he stayed and cuddled with me. I was back and forth between crying hysterically or just punching the wall or not breathing at all it was like a bad deleted scene from The Shining.

 Anyways, He stays next to me through the whole thing. Tucking my hair behind my ear, kissing my cheek or just holding my head up.  I'm being insane and he's literally stoking my back telling me he loves me. I kept on thinking of how awful and long that night ahead of me was going to be until- I can't remember which one of us started it, but we basically started singing love songs to each other. He told me I needed a distraction from the pain (he was and will ALWAYS be right) so he started singing.

Some was our Beatles song that a friend of ours showed us. Lots of it was Louis Armstrong and Elle Fitzgerald. Some of it was Paul McCartney. We just laid in my bed. I'm disgusting, he's flawless. Our heads pressed together close, he's playing with my hair or stroking my face and we take turns singing to each other. Gah I've never been so close to someone like how I am with him. It's incredible. One moment I'm trying to bruise my knuckles and the next he's got me singing La Vie En Rose to him literally meaning every word I say as our eyes get all glassy and we stare intensely at each other. AND THEN I FELL ASLEEP IN HIS ARMS. Peacefully and willingly. I slept through the whole night. Granted I woke up pissed that he wasn't there but that's just my crimson river talking. Man I love my boyfriend. I love my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment